Login      New User? Sign Up  

Delhi Metro Status

Postby anshul on 06 Feb 2008

Do we have an official construction current status of delhi metro. I need to buy a property and want to cross verify builder's information. Please let me know if this is available online.

Thank you
Anshul
anshul

Re: Delhi Metro Status

Postby ritu_shah on 19 Oct 2008

Hi,

Status of delhi metro is not really updated on their website. However below is the official link and status of the project:

Line I ( Shahdara – Rithala) Image

Line – I ( Shahdara – Rithala) was made operational for commercial services in three stages:

1. Shahdara – Tis Hazari : with effect from 25th Dec, 2002.
2. Tis Hazari – Inderlok : with effect from 4th Oct, 2003.
3. Inderlok – Rithala : with effect from 1st April, 2004. With this Line I was completed.

Line II ( Vishwavidyalaya – Central Secretariat)
Line II (Vishwavidyalaya – Central Secretariat) was made operational for commercial services in two stages :

1. Vishwavidyalaya – Kashmere Gate : with effect from 20th Dec, 2004.
2. Kashmere Gate – Central Secretariat : with effect from 3rd July, 2005. With this Line II was completed.

Line III ( Indraprastha - Barakhamba Road - Dwarka Sub City)

Barakhamba Road - Dwarka Section : was made operational for commercial services with effect from 31st December, 2005.

Extension of Line III

1. Extension into Dwarka subcity : was made operational for commercial services with effect from 1st April, 2006.
2. Barakhamba Road- Indraprastha Extension : was made operational for commercial services with effect from 11th November, 2006.

Rolling Stock

23 (21) trains for Line - I
13 (12) trains for Line - II
24 (27) trains for Line- III

Overall Progress
By (With the) opening of Line -3 (Barakhamba Road - Indraprastha Extension ) on 11th Nov. 2006, Phase -I has been successfully completed.
The current overall progress of Phase - II Project is 8.96% (16%).

Official link and Source: http://www.delhimetrorail.com/corporates/projectupdate/present_status.html
ritu_shah

Bangalore
Chennai
Delhi
Hyderabad
Kolkata
Mumbai
Pune